How to Apply to a Matriculated Program at Rudolf Steiner College
Please note that RSC is taking an enrollment pause and not currently accepting applications for any programs.
To apply for any RSC Program you must complete the online Rudolf Steiner College Application and submit additional qualifying documents, as requested in the application or by Admissions staff.
A checklist for the application process is listed below. The College recommends reviewing the Admissions and Program Requirements for the college and for the program to which you are applying. The College also recommends that applicants review the Catalog.
There are fees associated with submitting an application and registering as a student; other expenses include tuition, books, materials, travel and living expenses. Information on tuition, fees and estimated expenses for each Program and Modality is available on Tuition and Admissions Forms.
International Applicants: please see International Students webpage for additional information and requirements.
1) Complete the online College Application – once you start, you will be able to return to it as many times as you need to before submitting it.
Things you will need to include in the application (Please note: PDF format is preferred for all uploaded documents, and your name should be part of the file name.):
- Your own email address--the one you check most frequently
- Email address of one academic or professional reference--when you submit your online application, a request to fill out and submit a reference form will be sent to the reference email that you provide
- Autobiography (2-3 pages) --Tell us about yourself and background, and address the questions below throughout your essay.
- What led you to apply to RSC?
- What are your challenges, if any, in enrolling at RSC?
- What strengths, capacity or skills are you bringing to the program?
- What are your goals during and after the program?
- What do you personally hope to gain from this program?
- What are your personal interests/skills?
- Resumé, including academic background & work experience.
- Foundation Studies background-- answered directly into a fillable field:
- What Anthroposophical/Waldorf educational workshops, conferences, lectures, and courses have you attended?
- What works by Rudolf Steiner have you read?
2) Pay the $50 Application Fee (non-refundable)
This is required before you can submit the online application. The online credit card payment portal is secure. Please contact Admissions to pay by check or if you have questions (916) 963-1100.
3) Provide Previous Education Documents
- For Waldorf Teacher Education Program (Early Childhood or Grades): Order Official Transcript of your highest degree earned at an accredited institution and have it sent directly to RSC. Transcripts from institutions outside of the US will need evaluation for US equivalency. (See Admissions Requirements).
- For Remedial and Handwork: At minimum, proof of graduation from high school is required. Official transcript of highest degree earned is preferred.
4) Submit Language Proficiency if English is not your first Language
Non-Native English Speakers also submit information on language proficiency (See Admissions Requirements).
5) Additional Steps
- Remedial applicants also submit a Remedial Application Addendum (Admissions will send this to you once your College Application is submitted)
- Handwork applicants will have a phone interview with the program coordinator.
- International Students requiring an F-1 visa submit additional information after they have been accepted into the Waldorf Teacher Education Program. See International Students.
- Admissions staff may request additional qualifying documents.
If you have any questions about the application process, admissions requirements or the programs, please contact Admissions: Admissions@steinercollege.edu 916-963-1100