Meristem and Rudolf Steiner College
Two rapidly expanding partnership organizations, Meristem and Rudolf Steiner College, invite applications for the position of Marketing Director. Meristem develops practical life skills, independent living, and transition to work for young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other behavioral and developmental differences. Rudolf Steiner College trains teachers to work in public, charter, and independent Waldorf schools throughout the country. The opportunity to lead the development and management of a marketing department serving two dynamic non-profits demands an experienced marketing professional. Our campus is located in beautiful Fair Oaks, CA which houses a 13-acre biodynamic farm, gourmet cafe, bookstore/retail store.
Full time, exempt
Reports to: Managing Director, Advancement and Strategy
The Marketing Director oversees marketing and communications services for Rudolf Steiner College and Meristem.
- Develops and implements the strategic marketing plan for both non-profit entities;
- Directs branding of each organization;
- Serves as the chief strategist for marketing and branding;
- Develops and implements branding, marketing, social media, PR, and communication work plans;
- Develops admissions and outreach marketing materials;
- Demonstrates fluency with the language, practices, and standards for each industry;
- Articulates the values, methods, and purposes of each organization to varying audiences and constituents including parents, students, donors, legislators, and other community members.
- Participates in ongoing research projects with key senior leadership, including the Managing Director, the Presidents of RSC and Meristem, board members, and others;
- Provides day-to-day marketing and communications services including developing brochures, flyers, email blasts, community events, advertisements, website management, creative direction, and other related tasks;
- Develops publicity materials for various departments and programs;
- Oversees website development and on-going management of the websites;
- Provides market research and support for fundraising, grant writing, and donor stewardship;
- Develops fundraising marketing materials;
- Responsible for the development and management of social media;
- Works with relevant Board committees and task forces;
- Manages marketing related vendor relationships and serves as the organization’s liaison for such relationships;
- Leads project management for all marketing initiatives;
- Other duties, as specified.
Education and Experience
Bachelor degree in Marketing, Advertising or Public Relations
1-2 years of marketing experience, including development and implementation of marketing programs and materials;
- Ability to develop systems and procedures for all aspects of a marketing department;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficient in writing, especially copy editing and general proofreading;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Well developed technology skill set, including Microsoft Suite, Google Docs & Suite; Drupal/Joomla/Wordpress; online registration systems; Constant Contact or other contact management systems;
- Ability to work on multiple projects for diverse clients with varied needs;
- Prior experience working in a College environment a plus;
- Familiarity and comfort with Waldorf education and/or anthroposophical endeavors.
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance plans available. The college contributes up to $500 monthly toward employee medical premiums when enrolled in our group-sponsored benefit plan/s.
- The college observes 13 State and Federal holidays per year
- Positive, professional work environment
or send your resume and pay history to email@example.com and include Marketing Director in the Subject line.